Encourage employees to dress appropriately for the weather and discourage the use of individual space heaters
• Encourage employees to dress appropriately for the seasons and the comfort level of your work area.
• Provide employees with branded jackets or sweaters to keep in their office.
• Discourage employees from keeping personal space heaters in their offices and require approval for employees to have one.
• Encouraging employees to dress in layers reduces the likelihood of wasting energy to unnecessarily heat workspaces.
• Restricting the use of space heaters help to maximize energy efficiency, minimize costs, reduce emissions, and increase the safety of building inhabitants.