Encourage employees to use dry cleaning methods like sweeping ﬂoors
• Use brooms, brushes, vacuums, squeegees, scrapers and other utensils to clean material before water is used. For example:
• Sweep floors and pavement instead of hosing with water.
• Vacuum or sweep dry material spills such as salt or dyes instead of using water.
• Use squeegees to collect food processing residues from the floor before hosing with water.
• Vacuum or sweep dust instead of hosing with water.
Dry sweeping methods conserve water and save water purchasing costs.