Encourage students and employees to unplug electronics at the end of the workday or use surge protectors that can be turned off at the end of the day
• Encourage students and employees to turn off non-critical computers and printers at the end of the day.
• Unplug non-critical electronics at the end of the day. In addition to computers, this can include appliances like coffee pots and toasters.
• Provide power strips in every office area so employees can easily shut down all their electronics at one time.
• A Sample Policy and Guidance Language for an Office Powering Down Policy (page 2).
• Electronics use electricity even when they aren't in use; making sure they are turned off and/or unplugged helps to conserve energy and save money on your energy bill.